- About Pilates
- Benefits of Pilates
- About STOTT PILATES
- Pilates Class Details
- Annette Cashell – Instructor Biography
- Contact Details
- Specialist Classes
Next course starts…
STOTT PILATES® is a highly-effective mind-body exercise regime designed to help you shape up and feel better about yourself. There is an emphasis on quality of movement, neutral posture and breathing which makes STOTT PILATES a safe yet challenging workout. These classes have been running in the North County Dublin towns of Portmarnock and Malahide since 2005.
Since 2014, I have incorporated elements of fascial training into all my pilates classes. Not only do these exercises help to hydrate and regenerate the entire fascial network in our bodies, they also make it easier for the body to perform pilates exercises, as well as reducing pain and tension. Fascia + pilates = a great combination. For more information on fascia, see the article listed under Pinboard.
All exercises are modified to suit various needs and abilities. Participants are actively encouraged to work at their own pace. Appropriate pilates programmes can also be tailored for special population groups including post-rehab patients, wheelchair-bound patients, patients with Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis and Osteoporosis.
- Class size is strictly limited to 8-10 participants ensuring more individual correction.
- Instructor is fully qualified and subject to continuing education so you gain the benefit of latest exercise guidelines. All STOTT PILATES certified Instructors undergo 40 hours instruction and supervised teaching as part of their course work in addition to 10 hours observation, 30 hours physical review and 15 hours practice teaching.
- A variety of equipment is used in class to offer greater variety and challenge e.g. pilates rings, foam rollers, MELT soft foam rollers (suitable for fascial release work), flex bands, 450g and 900g toning balls, mini stability balls and Stretch Out Straps (SOS).
- Classes take place in comfortable surroundings in St Anne’s Parish Centre in Portmarnock and St Andrew’s Parish Centre in Malahide.
Booking is Essential – Contact Me
Search the Nutritious Movement Shop
Click the image to search for DVDs, videos and books including $5 Alignment Snacks.
Search By Body Part
We get it: your knee (or back, or neck, or ankle) hurts and you want the one DVD, the 5 exercises, or the single blog post that’s going to explain it all. The trouble with this approach is that all body issues are whole-body issues. Click the image to find long-lasting solutions.
® Registered Trademark of Merrithew Corporation, used under license.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.