I am a qualified NCEF Fitness Instructor, certified STOTT PILATES® Instructor and certified Fascial Fitness Trainer, who has been teaching pilates in Germany and in the Malahide/Portmarnock area since 2003. I also completed my 2-year training as a Nutritious Movement™ Certified Restorative Exercise Specialist in 2018.
I am passionate about adding movement into the everyday for adults via Movement Makeovers and keeping children healthy in the digital age via Tech Wellness for Kids . In 2018 my project “Movement Makeovers for Primary Schools”, was accepted into the 5-month Academy Mentoring Programme with Social Entrepreneurs Ireland.
The pilates method I teach is STOTT pilates but I also incorporate Nutritious Movement™ ideas and fascial work using MELT Method rollers as I find this combination to more effective than pilates alone.
- Nutritious Movement™ Certified Restorative Exercise Specialist (2018)
- Certified Fascial Fitness Trainer (Somatics Academy, Dr. Robert Schleip, 2014)
- Certified STOTT PILATES Instructor, 2005
- National Certificate in Exercise & Fitness, 2003
- B.A. Honours International Marketing & Languages, Dublin City University, 1990
As part of my on-going education, I regularly complete continuing education workshops to ensure a high level of instruction and keep abreast of advancements in exercise science.
Workshops / continuing education completed by Annette to date include:
- Claire Mockridge “Pelvic Floor Matters” – ongoing!
- MovNat® Fundamentals Course, May 2019
- Nutritious Movement™ “Twist” Study Group, September 2018
- 5-day Returning RES Training, Castricum, The Netherlands, May 2018
- Nutritious Movement™ “Diastasi Recti”Study Group, March 2018
- Nutritious Movement™ Certified Restorative Exercise Specialist, Feb 2018
- 5-day Certifying Nutritious Movement™ Training Castricum, The Netherlands, May 2017
- Dr. Robert Schleip & Divo Mueller 4 day workshop – Fascial Fitness
- Katy Bowman -Why we need to start thinking about “Whole-Body” Pelvic Health
- Liz Koch 3 Day workshop – Stalking the Wild Psoas
- Liz Koch 2 Day Workshop – The Psoas Muscle Workshop
- Rebecca Leone 1 Day Workshop – Contract/ Relax Pilates Fusion
- Rebecca Leone 1 Day Workshop – Release, Relax & Rejuvenate
- Athletic Conditioning on Stability Cushions
- Athletic Conditioning for Strength & Agility on the Mat
- Conditioning Towel Workout for Strength & Mobility
- Rebecca Leone 3 Day workshop – Gap Filler
- Rebecca Leone 1 Day Workshop – Equalizing the Challenge across Mixed Level Groups
- Rebecca Leone 1 Day Workshop – Screening, Prepping & Problem-solving for Mixed Level Groups
- Scoliosis Management
- Matwork for Breast Cancer Rehab
- Ultimate Back Care
- Postural Analysis Review
- Post-Natal Pilates
- Pilates for Osteoporosis
- Pre-Natal Pilates
- Golf Pilates
- Flexibility Overview
- Foam Roller Pilates
- Intensifying Pilates
- Fitness Circle Pilates
- Postural Analysis
- Program Design
- Injuries and Special Populations – Appropriate pilates programmes can also be tailored for special population groups including post-rehab patients, wheelchair-bound patients, patients with FMS, MS, Osteoporosis and Fibromyalgia.